Disclaimer

Disclaimer: I am providing the content on this blog solely for the reader's general information. This blog contains my personal commentary on issues that interest me. Unless otherwise stated, the views expressed on this blog are mine alone, and not the views of any law firm with which I am in any way associated or any other member of any such law firm. Nothing on this blog is intended to be a solicitation of, or the provision of, legal advice, nor to create an attorney-client relationship with me or any law firm. Please view my "Full Disclaimer" statement at the bottom of the page for additonal information..

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Stranger than Fiction: Philosophy Argument Turns all Punchy, Then all Shooty



Two Russian men in line for beer, late at night, got to discussing philosophy. Specifically, they were discussing Immanuel Kant, one of my favorites, the author of Pure Reason. They got an argument about Kant, though the various news sources I reviewed gave no indication over what part of Kant’s philosophy, or life, the argument was about. 

Immanuel Kant


First it got all punchy.  Then one guy took out a gun – that fortunately had rubber bullets – and started firing.  The loser was shot multiple times, though his life was not in danger (rubber bullets).   Seems kind of serious, though philosophers are serious people, who have the sense to pack a gun with rubber bullets. Ends the argument, doesn't end anyone's life.

No comments:

Post a Comment