Disclaimer

Disclaimer: I am providing the content on this blog solely for the reader's general information. This blog contains my personal commentary on issues that interest me. Unless otherwise stated, the views expressed on this blog are mine alone, and not the views of any law firm with which I am in any way associated or any other member of any such law firm. Nothing on this blog is intended to be a solicitation of, or the provision of, legal advice, nor to create an attorney-client relationship with me or any law firm. Please view my "Full Disclaimer" statement at the bottom of the page for additonal information..

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Staten Island Creepy Clown Begs to be Punched



Back in September, a clown dressed as Pennywise – the homicidal clown in Stephen King’s terrifying book It, showed up on the streets in England, staring at people, offering to paint houses (without a paint bucket) and generally scaring the crap out of everyone.  I said then that if someone tried that mess over here, they’d be punched.

Staten Island Clown
A jackass in Staten Island, New York, which, frankly, may as well be a redundant phrase, has taken up the challenge.  The New York Observer has pictures and video of a terrifying clown stalking the streets dressed as a modified Pennywise, carrying a balloon, glaring at people.  It’s time to punch him.  I would think of all the places in the United States most likely to punch a clown, Staten Island would be up to the task.

While I am an admitted sufferer of clourophobia (fear of clowns) and I tend to like to face my fears head-on, I am not about to go punch every clown I see.  I mean, I don’t show up at McDonald’s and start punching Ronald.  I’m not going to punch a clown at a kid’s birthday party unless he goes all Shakes-the-clown and shows up drunk. (see here for link to hilarity, probably on Netflix).   I don’t go to Ringling Brothers Circus.  It’s not that bad.  However, this comes at a time where hit-clowns are on the loose in Mexico taking out cartel bosses.  Clowns are not to be taken as jokes.  
And then this joker shows up.

I’m saying it now: you show up on my street corner, at night, dressed as Pennywise, or close to Pennywise, holding a balloon and glaring, I’m just going to assume you are the violent sort of crazy that needs a punching.  

Take a look at the pictures in the link.  Maybe I’m being overly prickly.  I don’t think so.  Looks like a direct attempt to intimidate those with Clourophobia and scare the crap out of people in general.  Your move Staten Island. 

No comments:

Post a Comment