Disclaimer

Disclaimer: I am providing the content on this blog solely for the reader's general information. This blog contains my personal commentary on issues that interest me. Unless otherwise stated, the views expressed on this blog are mine alone, and not the views of any law firm with which I am in any way associated or any other member of any such law firm. Nothing on this blog is intended to be a solicitation of, or the provision of, legal advice, nor to create an attorney-client relationship with me or any law firm. Please view my "Full Disclaimer" statement at the bottom of the page for additonal information..

Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Florida robbers demand money, pants. Dang.



An armed robbery gang in Broward County, Florida has pulled off a series of daring raids. And they have pulled off more than their fair share of pants, too. 

Robber, taking pants
The robbers hit a convenience store last week, and inconvenienced the patrons and store clerk by not only taking the money in the till, but by making their victims remove their pants.  I guess it was so the victims wouldn’t give chase.  But, if a guy has a gun and a mask, my not having pants is not going to keep me from defending myself, if that is how I want to go. If I’m lying there in the back of the store, and am the clerk of a store with a no-counter-measure policy (which is very common due to insurance rules), then I’m not going to go all gung-ho.  If I make minimum wage, I’m definitely not going gung-ho.  If’ I’m making minimum wage, I need my pants.  Because that’s just wrong and insulting.  If I’m at the store and it gets robbed, you can take what you want.  You can take my wallet because I’m cancelling my credit cards about ten minutes after you leave. But a good, well-fitting pair of pants is hard to come by.  And going home in your drawers is just not cool. Especially in Broward County.

The robbery gang also hit up a restaurant, and other stores.  They are either collecting pants, or are giving themselves more trouble. Because now they have an M.O.  If they hadn’t taken the pants, it would just be another day in South Florida, another robbery.  And, they might not have been pursued too hard.  Now, if they get caught taking pants, or are caught with money and pants, they’ll be linked to all the other pants robberies.  This is a new form of stupid.  It’s a Florida form of stupid  They have previously gotten away with dozens of robberies.  If they hadn’t given themselves a calling-card, they wouldn’t likely be linked to those crimes.

So protip to all you aspiring armed robbers: don’t create a calling card M.O.  Just rob the place.  You may think you’re instilling fear and shame in the victims, but you’re also setting yourself up to get convicted of all the other robberies.

Story link and photo credit, Local 10 news, Florida.

No comments:

Post a Comment